Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Jan Irving and Logos Media (formerly Gnostic Media)

     
     So about four years ago I met Jan Irving, and worked with him, or rather tried to work with him on his paper "Entheogens: What's In a Name? The untold History of Psychedelic Spirituality...".  I had just written a book on mushrooms and the Bible, and was looking for like minded people, who were not a hippy, stoner, Terrence Mckenna types.  I saw that Jan had reprinted John Allegro's book the Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, as well as his own books.  In fact, I was just starting to think the whole psychedelic community was a sham.  It was too corny and not scientific- come on, a fucking insurance man,Wasson, brought us Magic mushrooms?  Even worse, the absolutely retarded shit Terrence McKenna said.  It's 2018 and people are still talking about elves and entities, when it just molecules.
     At any rate, I was impressed with he narrative that Jan had developed and the connections he had made.  It seemed to me like he was on the right track.  But he was hard to get along with.  I was like, man, I don't need to be treated like this.  So I split, and never really looked back.  Recently though I read an article on autism and it struck me that Jan wasn't an asshole, he was autistic, or Aspergers.  So I keep reading all this shit talking bout Jan, and if they only knew; hell, if he only knew, maybe he'd worked at getting along with people?  At any rate he still has great research on mushrooms and the history. So here's some like to his work.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Understanding DMT Entities, Elves and other Hallucinations

Humphrey Osmond Romancing Chaos The word Psychedelic was coined by LSD enthusiast Humpfrey Osmond in and effort to change the perception of...